Issue: The GSM modem (ENVIROMUX-GSM(-P) or ENVIROMUX-GSMA) is not sending SMS text messages.
- Check that the default baud rate for the Aux port is set to 115200.
- Check the GSM Modem status message on the Enterprise Settings Screen (in the ENVIROMUX-SEMS-16 Web Interface, click "Administration", then click "Settings", and "Enterprise").
- GSM Modem Status Messages:
- GSM Modem Not Present: No communication occurs between the ENVIROMUX-SEMS-16 and the GSM Modem
(NOTE: Rebooting is only required for ENVIROMUX-SEMS-16 units with firmware version 3.7 or earlier.)
- Probable causes: Defective serial cable between units, or the ENVIROMUX-SEMS-16 was not rebooted after connecting the GSM Modem.
- Solution: Replace defective serial cable, and reboot the ENVIROMUX-SEMS-16.
- GSM Modem Present: Communication occurs between the ENVIROMUX-SEMS-16 and the ENVIROMUX-GSM, but no messages are being sent.
- Probable causes: The SIM card is not configured properly, is not installed, or the antenna is unable to locate a wireless signal.
- Solution: Check the SIM card configuration, installation, signal strength, and verify the "GSM Phone #" field is correct in the Enterprise Settings Screen.
- GSM Modem Ready: Communication between the ENVIROMUX-SEMS-16 and the ENVIROMUX-GSM occurs, messages are being sent.
- Probable Causes: GSM Modem is configured properly.
- Solution: Check signal strength if GSM Modem suddenly does not send messages.
- The Enterprise Settings Screen will display the signal strength in a range of -111DB (very poor) to -51DB (very good). Move the antenna to find the best signal strength to resolve the problem.
- After each change made in the Enterprise Settings Screen in the Web Interface, reboot the ENVIROMUX-SEMS-16 to refresh the GSM Modem status reading. (Rebooting is only required for ENVIROMUX-SEMS-16 units with firmware version 3.7 or earlier.)